Saturday, December 30, 2006

Half Mast

All the flags that I see, of which there are many are at half mast.



I can see three reasons for this:



1. James Brown is dead.

"The Hardest Working Man in Show Business" and "The God-father of Soul" died at the age of 72 on Xmas eve. Despite the amount of PCP that went through the man he was killed by a cold.





Or, more likely:



2. Former President Ford is dead.

One of the more forgettable presidents to my mind. I am not sure he should have pardoned Nixon.




Or least likely:



3. Saddam Hussein is dead.

Hanged for crimes against humanity by an occupying power. I am not defending the man, by all accounts he was a right bastard; but I can see no legitimacy in the way he was tried. I would have been better if he had gone to the Hague to be tried under international law.






Photos:
James Brown in Scotland
Ford and Nixon
Donald Rumsfeld and Saddam Hussein
Saddam's last moments
Courtesy of www.bbc.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment